Help us build a better product by taking a Yahoo! Store survey. As a thank you for participation, when you complete the survey, you'll have an opportunity to enter our sweepstakes for a chance to win $1000. Start the survey now.
SpotlightYahoo! Merchant Newsletter to Expand
With so many Yahoo! Store owners using Yahoo! Small Business's integrated services, it has become more important to provide information about how to leverage all of our services. Starting next month, this newsletter will expand to include news and resources relevant to all of your Yahoo! Small Business services. We'll cover everything you need to succeed -- from store operations to web site enhancements to marketing services and more.
Please enjoy this issue of the Yahoo! Store Merchant Newsletter, and stay tuned for even more great information next month.
|A D V E R T I S E M E N T|
|Dell Small Business|
Free Double Memory on All Desktops & Notebooks!
Shop Dell Small Business now and get free double memory and CD-RW upgrade on select desktops and notebooks! Plus, up to 20% off select LCD monitors! And, free shipping! Combined offer expires 04/28/04. Learn more.
New UPS OnLine® Tools Added
We've just added a new Shipping Manager -- featuring UPS OnLine® Tools -- to Yahoo! Merchant Solutions. If you've been considering an upgrade to Merchant Solutions, now is a great time to sign up for enhanced features that make store management and order fulfillment even more convenient.
Our new UPS OnLine Tools integration offers access to UPS services from within the Yahoo! Merchant Solutions Store Manager. That means automatic access to UPS shipping options, tracking numbers, and more. To take advantage of the UPS OnLine Tools offering, you'll first need to upgrade to Yahoo! Merchant Solutions. After upgrading, when you sign into your Store Manager you'll see new features and functionality, including the enhanced Shipping Manager.
This is just the start. The new UPS features also include options to:
- Set UPS shipping settings from your Shipping Manager.
- Offer UPS services and check rates in real time on checkout.
- Print UPS shipping labels within individual orders.
- Populate UPS Tracking Numbers automatically.
- Export orders in the UPS WorldShip® format for batch processing capability (for Merchant Solutions Professional customers only).
To start using the new UPS OnLine Tools, upgrade to Merchant Solutions today. To learn more, sign in, go to your Store Manager, and click the "Upgrade to Merchant Solutions" link.
|A D V E R T I S E M E N T|
|The Fleet Small Business Value Package|
24/7 online access. Manage your checking, merchant account, payroll, and much more - all in one place. Fleet gives you exactly what you need to run your business. To begin with, more time to run your business. Learn more or call us at 1-800-FLEET-BIZ. Member FDIC.
How to Access New UPS OnLine Shipping Tools
After upgrading to Yahoo! Merchant Solutions, you'll want to access the new UPS OnLine Tools to improve your shipping processes. Here's how:
- In your Shipping Manager, click the "Register to use UPS OnLine Tools" link.
- Once registered, in the Ship Methods section, you'll be able to choose from predefined UPS shipping methods, which will be displayed in your customer checkout.
- After choosing a UPS shipping method, your web site will be able to automatically retrieve and display UPS shipping rates -- in real time -- during customer checkout.
- Visit the "Ship Rates" link to configure the shipping and handling charges that will be displayed to your customers.
Also within the Shipping Manager, you can specify default UPS settings, such as "residential" or "commercial" destinations or what type of printer you use for your UPS labels, and you can choose to display a "We ship via UPS" logo during checkout. Merchant Solutions Standard and Professional customers can also enable UPS modules on your checkout pages: validation of customer's addresses and modules for comparing rates and time in transit for the UPS methods you offer.
Our new UPS features also include enhancements to the order management process. For packages that you wish to ship via UPS, you can now click on the "Ship Order" link within any order. Your customer's information will be filled in automatically, and you can print the UPS labels directly from the order screen. The UPS tracking number is automatically inserted into the order.
To use the UPS Shipping Tool:
- Visit the Orders section of your Store Manager.
- Go to an individual order to start processing your shipments.
Finally, Merchant Solutions Professional customers can now export orders in a UPS WorldShip export format for batch processing capability. Follow these steps:
- From the Orders page of your Store Manager, select a range of orders to export.
- Choose UPS WorldShip from the pull-down menu. You will receive a CSV file specially formatted for UPS WorldShip.
For complete details on these new features, please visit our UPS Solutions and Shipping Help pages.
On the Network
New Domain Traffic Option for Merchant Solutions
In the past, upgrading to Yahoo! Merchant Solutions meant that you couldn't direct traffic from your domain (www.your_domain.com) to your Store home page built in the Store Editor (store.your_domain.com). We have now updated Merchant Solutions so that you have the choice to direct traffic to your Web Hosting account or to continue directing traffic to your Store home page.
The following update is available immediately, but will only affect your current domain settings if you choose to upgrade to Merchant Solutions.
With the new Domain Traffic Option tool, you can choose to either:
- Direct traffic from your domain to your Store home page (created in the Store Editor) or …
- Direct traffic from your domain to your Web Hosting account
After upgrading to Merchant Solutions, you will receive more information about the choice of where to direct your domain traffic.
You may upgrade or continue to use the current version of Yahoo! Store, according to what makes the most sense for your business. Learn more.
E-commerce on the Web
Links to Sites, Features, and Stories
Choosing the Right Business Structure
Do you need to incorporate? Learn the difference between a sole proprietorship, S corp, C corp, and other structures, in this useful comparison.
Learn five successful sales strategies from the experts -- your customers!
Copyright © 2004 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.